An industry-leading deep-dive into the segments that make up the covered hopper family of cars.
The Covered Hopper Closer Look from FTR partners the most reliable rail data in the industry with Waybill Data from the Surface Transportation Board and the Umler™ data from Rail Inc. with the award-winning FTR Freight•cast forecasting methodology.
The results are the most comprehensive look at the Covered Hopper rail car family on the market. With data current as of November 2020, no need to worry about whether you can trust the forecast based on the impacts of the pandemic.
The report includes:
- an Executive Summary of the entire tank car family and the key take-aways from the report.
- a detailed market overview of the industries and commodity bases that impact the car type, as well as an analysis on fleet sub-segments and the freight markets that drive them.
- forecasts by railcar segment, deliveries, and retirements.
- a comprehensive view of fleet ownership by car type, including historical ownership shares and trends.
- FTR expert market insights into all of the various aspects of buying, owning, or leasing covered hoppers.
The Covered Hopper segments included in the report:
- Pressure Differential
- PD3 <5000cf
- PD5 >=5000cf
- Large >6000cf
- Medium 5501-6000cf
- Small 0-5500cf
- Jumbo 5001-5500cf
- Large 4601-5000cf
- Medium 3301-4600cf
- Small 0-3300cf
- Super >5500cf
- All Other Covered Hopper